Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Portland's Chinese Classical Gardens


One of the prettiest places in Portland are the Chinese Classical Gardens. Situated on the outer edge of Chinatown, the Gardens are wonderful to visit at any time of year. Though the flowers weren't in bloom, we took Monica for a visit. We really meant to get out there earlier in the day hoping to catch a glimpse of the sun. But we were lazy and taking showers took much longer than expected as we let Matt go first and he used up all the hot water. MonicaIn the late afternoon we finally got out of the house. The sun never peaked out behind the clouds and it was a typical winter day in Portland, chilly and moist. The gardens with their gentle curves and calming waters did not disappoint. The highlight of the visit was the stop at the tea house inside the gardens. A huge variety of teas, each served in its appropriate pot and cups, was a welcome respite from the chilly outdoors.

1 comment:

Toni said...

Yay! Pictures of me! In Portland!...

Hurray!

And, to answer your question- YES. It's so weird to cavort with a Matt. The good thing is that we're trying to keep it impersonal so neither of us get too attached (yeah right), so mostly he calls me "22" or "Boston" and mostly I call him "Car 31, do you read" or "Old Man". That seems to be working out alright.

Also, I forgot to mention- Matt is incredibly good friends with Brian Lynch, the guy that writes the Angel comic series... I don't know if you're into those, but I figured, you're a Buffy fan and all... thought I let you know.

Can you email me these pictures from the Chinese Gardens? I still have yet to highlight my trip to Portland, which I fully intend on doing- also the vintage store shoot we did, as well.

talk to you soon :)